A Heat Detection System from GEA Farm Technologies
Cowaramup Agencies is providing and installing the first of the new CowScout heat detection systems from GEA Farm Technologies locally and we are confident many more will be sought after.
What is CowScout?
CowScout electronically monitors cows for heat detection, can reduce labor, increase pregnancy rates, decrease days open and limit the need for hormone treatments. Now Western Australian dairy producers can benefit from electronic activity monitors and receive more accurate breeding information, no matter where they are – via internet, smart phone or text messaging. The CowScout neck tags also monitor eating time, which provides timely cow health data and helps to identify sick cows sooner.
Features and benefits of CowScout
- Data is stored with cloud technology – making it accessible anytime, anywhere.
- Data can be measured continuously – ensuring you always have the latest information and you receive immediate alarms.
- Data transmission is not deterred – ultra high frequency (UHF) wireless signals are not obstructed by dirt, manure, or internal building components, which can be common with other systems using infrared devices. Plus, the UHF technology provides a wider read range – up to 300 ft. with a standard antenna or up to 3,280 ft. with a long-range antenna.
- Data transmitted to a wireless receiver – CowScout can be used anywhere – for cows or heifers – with minimal system implementation.
- Independent data capture – will not interfere with any other cow ID system currently used on the farm.
- Versatile – CowScout is not just for dairy cows. Activity monitoring can benefit heifer raisers and beef cattle operations.
- Less expensive start-up – no complex software is required. Connect via internet to have mobile access to your data – or – if the internet is not available in your area, you can connect directly to your PC to check data.
- ISO identification option — for those operations looking for more advanced management applications in the parlor and for cow sorting, CowScout can be integrated with DairyPlan C21 for complete identification capabilities.
- Installed and supported by GEA Farm Technologies dealers available 24/7 and supported by the Cowaramup Agenices Dairy Technical Service.
- Reduced activity can also be detected – often the first sign of health problems or lameness.
- Eating time is recorded — the CowScout neck tag is able to detect specific movement patterns related to forage intake and thus record the time individual cows spend eating. Low maintenance costs – no expensive batteries to replace.
- Industry leading technology – latest version of accelerometer technology, for the most accurate activity readings.
- More ways to view information – 7 day, 70 day, lactation and 7 day step counter – more options than any other system.
Brochures are available in-store. Simple and cost effective – Cow Scout is worth a look.
Darren Pratt (GEA) 0428 445 472